Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [OT] It all looks scary coming back

[OT] It all looks scary coming back

Programmer Dude

This week--due to that $%*#@ virus, not so good. ;-(

--
|_ CJSonnack <(E-Mail Removed)> _____________| How's my programming? |
|_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL |

Greg P.

"Shill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi575h$1c17$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > I am at the ripe old age of ((2 << 4) - 12)
|
| 20 is old?
Indeed considering the young age of some people I have helped in forums. I
started programming late (17-18ish). I have much catching up to do with all
these old farts =P

Joona I Palaste

Greg P. <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> "Shill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bi575h$1c17$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > I am at the ripe old age of ((2 << 4) - 12)
> |
> | 20 is old?
> Indeed considering the young age of some people I have helped in forums. I
> started programming late (17-18ish). I have much catching up to do with all
> these old farts =P

I started programming *in C* at your age, but my "career" in
programming at all is much older. I think I wrote my first shoddy
little BASIC programs on a Commodore 64 at the age of 9 or 10.

--
/-- Joona Palaste ((E-Mail Removed)) ---------------------------\
"I am lying."

Greg P.

"Joona I Palaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi59ol$efs$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I started programming *in C* at your age, but my "career" in
| programming at all is much older. I think I wrote my first shoddy
| little BASIC programs on a Commodore 64 at the age of 9 or 10.

Ah, BASIC, me too! I wrote a game(?) of flashing lights (colored bouncing
circles, lines, dots) in QBASIC on a 386 20mhz at 10. I'm too young for
commodore I believe =P

goose

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)9.co.uk.invalid (Bill Godfrey) wrote in message news:<20030822050546.533$(E-Mail Removed)>...

<snipped>

> round brackets going to be my sole contribution to the world? (-:

not "sole" ... afaics u have contributed the ascii-art star wars
evil empires fighter ships as well

goose,
may the source be well-defined

Minti

"Mark A. Odell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns93DF65587A186iiiCopyrightMarkOdel@130.133 .1.4>...
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Minti) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > academics however. I just wonder weather I should leave my student

> Weather involves wind, rain, snow, temperature.
> Whether was probably the word you wanted.

I guess it is just the case that the Weather is not fine. Student days
seem to be too Weathery .

--
Imanpreet Singh Arora

imanpreet_arora AT yahoo DOT co DOT in

CBFalconer

Programmer Dude wrote:

> Bill Godfrey wrote:
>
> >> Whoo Wee!! I made the majors! (-:

> > I'm still in the minor league I see.

> Yeah, well, work on that SQL stuff....
>
> > Is a small joke about the supply of round brackets going to be
> > my sole contribution to the world? (-:

> I've been trying to do my part to balance things! (-:
>
> Or I suppose I could frown more often...

Just yell )

rzed

Greg P. wrote:
> "Joona I Palaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bi59ol$efs$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I started programming *in C* at your age, but my "career" in
>> programming at all is much older. I think I wrote my first shoddy
>> little BASIC programs on a Commodore 64 at the age of 9 or 10.

> Ah, BASIC, me too! I wrote a game(?) of flashing lights (colored
> bouncing circles, lines, dots) in QBASIC on a 386 20mhz at 10. I'm
> too young for commodore I believe =P

It's not too late!

"Commodore 64 Makes a Comeback
Popular computers, games from the 1980s will be relaunched."

--
rzed