Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Rating in C

Re: Rating in C

Eric Sosman

Vijay Kumar Zanvar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first posting. I have a simple question whose answer, as I found,
> is
> difficult to satisfy the interviewer. The question is:
>
> +ACI-How do you rate yourself in C in the scale of 1 to 10?+ACI-
> (10 is expert expert)

See http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

Alex

Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:40:43 -0400, Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

>>Vijay Kumar Zanvar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is my first posting. I have a simple question whose answer, as I found,
>>> is
>>> difficult to satisfy the interviewer. The question is:
>>>
>>> +ACI-How do you rate yourself in C in the scale of 1 to 10?+ACI-
>>> (10 is expert expert)

>> See http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

> Interesting reference, but the question here is not the accuracy of
> self-assessment, but what to tell the interviewer

Why do you think that the interviewer would ask this question
in the first place? I doubt that the answer would be taken
verbatim.

"I'm a 10"
"Oh, great! You're hired"

Doesn't happen. Unless, of course, you can prove it.

A more realistic self-assessment, with an elaboration as to why
you believe the rating to be accurate, would probably have
much more positive results (subject to the level of intelligence
of the interviewer).

Alex