Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V

Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V

Danny

Hi,
I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
Danny

Jeff

"Danny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
> application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
> which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
> Danny

Windows-specific problem is off-topic here.
Try ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

--
Jeff

Socketd

On 14 Aug 2003 07:47:48 -0700
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Danny) wrote:

> Hi,
> I am writing a C program

Then why are you posting in a C++ group?

>trying to read highlighted text in aother
> application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
> which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.

You can't (using standard C/C++).

br
socketd

Dan Pop

In <(E-Mail Removed) > (E-Mail Removed) (Danny) writes:

>I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
>application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
>which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.

The C abstract machine is single-tasking, single-threaded, therefore
there is exactly one application running at a time, as far as the C
language is concerned.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

jacob navia

"Danny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in aother
> application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How do I find out
> which application is on focus and grab the text highlighted? Thanks.
> Danny

Read the documentation about the clipboard or download the tutorial
of lcc-win32 about C programming under windows. There search for
the clipboard examples.

jacob

CBFalconer

jacob navia wrote:
> "Danny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> > I am writing a C program trying to read highlighted text in
> > aother application (Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Office). How
> > do I find out which application is on focus and grab the text
> > highlighted? Thanks.

> Read the documentation about the clipboard or download the
> tutorial of lcc-win32 about C programming under windows. There
> search for the clipboard examples.

Please restrict your answers to standard C in c.l.c. Redirection
to other newsgroups which do not insist on portability is also
acceptable. In some cases clearly labelling them as non-portable
extensions will do. However giving the innocents the impression
that such an operation is generally available in portable C is
totally unacceptable here.