Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Serial Number of the Hard Drive

Re: Serial Number of the Hard Drive

Jack Klein

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:51:09 +0530, Deepak Nayal

> I have a Windows PC with Borland C installed in it. I am trying to write
> a program that can read the serial number of a hard drive , but am
> not able to find anything regarding it.
>
> Can anybody please send me a code snippet regarding the same ?
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Neither C nor C++ has any support for any access of hardware devices
at all. Your question is about the Windows API, not about C or C++.
Ask in a Windows programming newsgroup.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Mike Wahler

Deepak Nayal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhc7ii$10g9iq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Thanks for the response.
> But then I will say that Fdisk does not require any OS calls

That is completely false.

> and still
> it shows you the serial number of the harddisk.

Via the OS interface.

> So there must be some way of doing it.

Yes. But not with standard C or C++.

-Mike

Deepak Nayal

Thanks for the response.
But then I will say that Fdisk does not require any OS calls and still