Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > An Apology

An Apology

Rich Grise

Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in summary,
my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.

There were several responses.

On further investigation, every one of you is right.

I'm sorry.

In fact, one response challenged me to quote which posts had caused
my temporary insanity. So, arrogant know-it-all that I am, I proceeded
to go track down those very posts, just so I could say, "I told you
so."

Couldn't find a single one. I did find a substantial number of posts
that explicitly said, "no charter," which is what my major bitch was
about. I couldn't find a _single_ post saying, "read the charter."
True, there _were_ a handful of reminders that this is supposed to
be a pure C group that shouldn't be tainted by implementations or
anything, but that's a different topic, an even if it does go into
discussion, the least I could do is be civil about it.

Interestingly, when I went to track down the thread or even my
original post, I couldn't find either! Either the server is eclectic,
somebody has the power to purge posts, or I was bitching in the
wrong NG, or hallucinating, which remains to be seen.

Again, sorry about storming in yelling and screaming when I didn't
even have all the facts.

And I additionally want to apologize to those who found some of my
words profane - I was trying to not cross that border; guess I failed
there too.

Thanks,
Rich

temp999

Rich Grise wrote:
> Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in summary,
> my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.
>
> There were several responses.
>
> On further investigation, every one of you is right.
>
> I'm sorry.
>
> In fact, one response challenged me to quote which posts had caused
> my temporary insanity. So, arrogant know-it-all that I am, I proceeded
> to go track down those very posts, just so I could say, "I told you
> so."
>
> Couldn't find a single one. I did find a substantial number of posts
> that explicitly said, "no charter," which is what my major bitch was
> about. I couldn't find a _single_ post saying, "read the charter."
> True, there _were_ a handful of reminders that this is supposed to
> be a pure C group that shouldn't be tainted by implementations or
> anything, but that's a different topic, an even if it does go into
> discussion, the least I could do is be civil about it.
>
> Interestingly, when I went to track down the thread or even my
> original post, I couldn't find either! Either the server is eclectic,
> somebody has the power to purge posts, or I was bitching in the
> wrong NG, or hallucinating, which remains to be seen.
>
> Again, sorry about storming in yelling and screaming when I didn't
> even have all the facts.
>
> And I additionally want to apologize to those who found some of my
> words profane - I was trying to not cross that border; guess I failed
> there too.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich

I'm replying only so that those who plonked you can read this.

Chris Dollin

Rich Grise wrote:

> Not too long ago, I came swooping in and posted a tirade about, in
> summary, my bad impressions of the "attitudes" in some posts.
>
> There were several responses.
>
> On further investigation, every one of you is right.
>
> I'm sorry.

Well done!

All you need now is an interesting C problem that we can chew on,
and we're away.

--
Chris "hungry hedgehog" Dollin
C FAQs at: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgrou...mp.lang.c.html

MCSBNGP+++ Public apology on behalf of Frisbee(R) (with bonus self-deprecation) /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */ MCSE 21 07-29-2005 05:09 PM
My Abject Apology to all Canadians. Tabasco1 MCSE 21 09-04-2004 08:58 PM
APOLOGY Reachinout Computer Support 3 10-24-2003 01:14 AM
Re: Apology to Mr. Berserker Binh Tucker Computer Support 3 08-13-2003 02:15 PM
ron's formal apology in the MCSA group licknlabia MCSE 0 08-13-2003 12:04 AM

Advertisments