Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > offtopic: what is the difference between cpe and csu/dsu?

offtopic: what is the difference between cpe and csu/dsu?

ike lozada

Hi Y'all,

don't know if this is the right newsgroup to post this in but here
goes,

In some diagrams, I tend to see routers being connected CPE's going
to the telco while other times I see routers connected to
csu's/dsu's....Can anybody clarify this?

thanks

News Account

CPE = Customer Premised Equipment (Customer Equipment)

Some routers have built-in CSU/DSU's and others have external CSU/DSU's.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Cisco ISDN router as CPE Tony Z Cisco 7 08-21-2009 12:49 AM
(update) Protest against CPE law Daniel Rocha Digital Photography 12 05-19-2006 07:08 PM
cpe/IP. =?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?= MCSE 54 05-08-2006 04:29 PM
Access-lists for CPE router Taff Cisco 0 12-13-2004 11:29 PM

Advertisments