Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > database written in c

database written in c

vishnu mahendra

i am interested in coding a simple database in c. can any one tell me
how to do it and where to get help.
thank you in advance,
vishnu

Malcolm

"vishnu mahendra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> i am interested in coding a simple database in c. can any one tell me
> how to do it and where to get help.
> thank you in advance,

It depends what you mean by simple. Products like Oracle take thousands of
programmer hours and millions of dollars to develop.

On the other hand by writing a series of structures to disk you have the
rudiments of a simple database which may well be all you require for your
application.

Maybe if you specified a bit more closely how much C you know, and what you
want to achieve?

Julian V. Noble

Emmanuel Delahaye wrote:

> In 'comp.lang.c', http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (vishnu mahendra) wrote:
>
> > i am interested in coding a simple database in c. can any one tell me
> > how to do it and where to get help.

> Well, a database is all but simple. You can try to fiddle with the basic FILE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"anything but simple"

In English, "anything" and "all" do not have the same meaning, any more
than "tout" and "quelque chose" mean the same thing.

--
Julian V. Noble
Professor Emeritus of Physics

"Science knows only one commandment: contribute to science."
-- Bertolt Brecht, "Galileo".

Emmanuel Delahaye

In 'comp.lang.c', "Julian V. Noble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Well, a database is all but simple. You can try to fiddle with the
>> basic FILE

> "anything but simple"
>
> In English, "anything" and "all" do not have the same meaning, any more
> than "tout" and "quelque chose" mean the same thing.

Thanks!

--
-ed- (E-Mail Removed) [remove YOURBRA before answering me]
<blank line>