Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Mind.Forth to C code?

Re: Mind.Forth to C code?

Airy R Bean

TROLL ALERT!

Arthur T. Murray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To my knowledge as the author of Mind.Forth and of AI For You (AI4U),
> there is not yet a Mind.c page on the Web, but one is invited at
> http://mind.sourceforge.net/c.html -- a liaison page for AI in C.
> http://mind.sourceforge.net/acm.html is a Do-It-Yourself page
> for artificial intelligence (DIY AI) that invites programmers
> for any given "XYZ" language to commence coding "Mind.XYZ"
> simply by coding the Main Program Loop (ALife) with stubbed-in
> calls to six mind-module subroutines as found on AI4U p. 208:
> Security; Sensorium; Emotion; Think; Volition; Motorium.
> If would-be AI Mind coders for any language will please create
> the main Alife loop for Mind.xyz and host it on the Web with
> language to the effect that the code is in the public domain
> and that anyone may re-post the code with changes or additions,
> then we may witness a "pre-Cambrian" explosion of AI Minds.
> We also want the pathways of AI evolution to split far apart.
> We do not want the exact same AI to be re-coded as Mind.XYZ.
> If each AI coder gives a little and takes a little, lim --> ***
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0595654371/ "AI4U"
> is a mixture on both coding and on how the AI Mind-1.1 works
> in JavaScript (with full "jsaimind" listing) and in Forth.
> The AI4U book description contains my plus and minus points:
> + It describes the rapidly evolving AI Minds on the Web.
> - It quickly becomes obsolete as the AI hyper-evolves.
> + On-demand publishing (ODP) makes for quick updates.
> - The Mentifex project is considered oddball on the 'Net.
> + You've got the first book about the first real AI Mind.
> - There are other, better, more authoritative AI textbooks.
> + AI4U makes a good supplement for actually coding AI.
> - Artificial intelligence is too hard to understand.
> + AI4U describes the AI while it is still easy to learn.
> - "I would rather build robots than study AI programming."
> + If you want to build a smart robot, then AI4U is for you.
> - "I'm only a high school student/teacher; what's the use?"
> + This book will challenge even the most gifted student.
> - "I am not a programmer and so I can't code AI."
> + AI4U teaches you how to operate an AI, not just code it.
> - "I just want to do Web design, not artificial intelligence."
> + AI4U provides an AI that you may install on your website.
> - "I am more interested in neuroscience and/or psychology."
> + AI4U teaches a theory of how the brain works psychologically.
> http://mind.sourceforge.net/vb.html is a Visual Basic AI Blog
> that tries to coordinate between the AI Mind project and, e.g.,
> http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ -- Mind.Forth to Mind.VB.

Arthur T. Murray

"John Jacques" wrote in news:comp.ai.philosophy on Sat, 02 Aug 2003:

> [...]

+ This book will challenge even the most gifted student.
- "I am not a programmer and so I can't code AI."
+ AI4U teaches you how to operate an AI, not just code it.
- "I just want to do Web design, not artificial intelligence."
+ AI4U provides an AI that you may install on your website.
- "I am more interested in neuroscience and/or psychology."
+ AI4U teaches a theory of how the brain works psychologically.

> Yup, you guessed it - I cannot make heads or tails of the
> Mind2 Forth code and wish it was in C or a BASIC.

http://mind.sourceforge.net/vb.html is a Visual Basic AI Blog
that tries to coordinate between the AI Mind project and, e.g.,
http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ -- Mind.Forth to Mind.VB.

> I checked out the links for two Forth2C converters, but I'm
> running Windows XP and they seem to be only for UNIX systems.

Arthur T. Murray
--
http://mind.sourceforge.net/weblog.html -- The AI Mind Project

Shawn Brown

Do have anything useful to say in this group, I mean really? I'm new to
this group, but in the short time I have been on here, I can't help but
notice one thing about it, you contribute nothing useful to it. I'm sure it
sucks to be you, I mean being 40 and living at home with your mommy and
never having been laid has got to suck? Quit wasting everyone's time with
your SPAM, if you have something intelligent, useful AND RELEVANT to
contribute to the thread, then say it, otherwise, please shut the F up, no
one wants to hear your BS.

--
Shawn

"Airy R Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> TROLL ALERT!

Arthur T. Murray

http://www.ai-forum.org/topic.asp?fo...&topic_id=8385

1. Coding the Main Alife Program Loop

___________ ___________
/ \ / \
/ Motorium \ / Security \
\_____________/\ ______ /\_____________/
__________ \ / \ / _________
/ \ \/ main \/ / \
( Volition )--------< Alife >---------( Sensorium )
\__________/ /\ loop /\ \_________/
_____________ / \______/ \ _____________
/ \/ \/ \
\ Think / \ Emotion /
\___________/ \___________/

The first step in coding an artificial Mind in a given programming
language XYZ is to write a simple xyzmind Alife loop that cycles
through the following stubs and requires a user input for each cycle:
- Security
- Sensorium -- here is where to require the user to press RETURN.
- Emotion
- Think
- Volition
- Motorium.

Each stub will later be a branching call to the named function or
subroutine. This particular list of mind-module stubs is intended
to be a standard for the coding of AI Minds, but you the AI coder
are free to deviate from the standard, especially to improve it.
The stubs are ordered in their particular sequence for reasons of
synergy in the serial simulation of massively parallel processing
(MPP), but you are free to re-order the sequence as you create AI.

You may demonstrate on-screen how the main Alife mind-loop cycles
through each stub, by showing the user a tutorial message such as,
"The Sensorium function will be called at this point in the loop."

A time-delay during each message may prevent an unreadable blur,
if the loop would otherwise cycle too fast for human users to read.
You may choose whether to let the stub-messages 1) scroll down the
screen by cycling repeatedly, or 2) fill the screen as a list of
all the stubs once per cycle, or 3) occupy the whole screen briefly
as a statement of which module is to be called -- with or without
a graphic image or animation of the subroutine about to be called.

At least once per Alife cycle, and preferably at the point where
the Sensorium stub is to be displayed or highlighted, you should
code either a program pause or a slow delay to give the embryonic
Mind a chance to receive a minimum of input from the environment.
If your Sensorium message asks the human user to press the RETURN
key, then you are already on the way to more advanced coding where
the user will end any sentence of input by pressing the RETURN key.

An alternative would have been to ask the user to "press any key"
or to press the SPACE bar, but by asking for a carriage-return you
may quickly train every user to end all input by pressing RETURN.
Thus if your early code anticipates the requirements of later code,
then both you and your users may enjoy a smoother path to true AI.

Please host your emerging xyzmind main Alife loop code out on the
Web as free AI source code with an explicit message permitting AI
enthusiasts anywhere to copy, tweak, rework and improve upon your
initial contribution. If you have the expertise to code the Alife
loop of subordinate module stubs in several programming languages,
put each AI embryo on the Web as a unique file along the lines of
"xmind.html" or "ymind.html" or "zmind.html" and so on. Do try to
web-host the perfect Alife stub-loop without including any of the
actual subroutines or function-calls among the bare-bone stubs of
the Alife mind-loop source code. As you then code further, use a
separate file and a separate webpage to show one of many pathways
of further evolution of the xyzmind.

Do not worry that someone may web-post a better, or flashier, or
more elegant main Alife loop than you do in your chosen language.
The very presence of multiple xyzmind initiatives on the Web will
encourage programmers in the XYZ programming language to look at
all the offerings before changing the world by finishing the Mind.

If you have no intention of devoting a large chunk of your life
to coding artificial intelligence in the XYZ programming language
that you know so well, consider putting the first XYZ Seed AI up
on the Web as a Grand Challenge to all XYZ programmers after you.

If you teach a course or write a book on any programming language,
why not cast all your examples and problem code in terms of an AI?
Why not splendidly predispose all your students and readers to be
able to perform the best jobs of the coming AI prosperity engine?

Consider writing grant proposals to fund your collective AI work,
or consider funding your website as an affiliate commercial site.
Communicate and share your results on Usenet or in AI Web forums.

--
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/weblog.html "AI has been solved"

Jerry Avins

Shawn Brown wrote:

> Do have anything useful to say in this group, I mean really? ...
>
> --
> Shawn
>
> "Airy R Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > TROLL ALERT!

It's reasonable to simply ignore some who uses "Airy R Bean", meaning "I
am a bubble head" as an alias. Don't waste time on him. In general,
don't feed trolls, no matter how strong the temptation. Lack of
attention usually discourages them more than anything we can write.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Airy R Bean

Grow up, OM

news:(E-Mail Removed)...