Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > I am disgusted with comp.lang.c

I am disgusted with comp.lang.c

Doug B

Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.
I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
network programming and various CS homework assignment help. Hardly
any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition. I
hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of
system-dependant and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all
your discussion upon the C standard.
And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
or graphic design. In the future when such people are identified you
must immediately outcast them from the forum and cleanse yourself of
their vile presense. Your current lazy half-answers coupled with
vague references to more appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.

Doug Protocols

Jeff

Doug B wrote:
> Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.
> I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
> network programming and various CS homework assignment help. Hardly
> any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition. I
> hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of
> system-dependant and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all
> your discussion upon the C standard.
> And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
> too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
> or graphic design. In the future when such people are identified you
> must immediately outcast them from the forum and cleanse yourself of
> their vile presense. Your current lazy half-answers coupled with
> vague references to more appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.
>
> Doug Protocols

And your ANSI C question is...

Pieter Droogendijk

On 25 Jul 2003 11:07:56 -0700
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Doug B) wrote:

> Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.

Absolutely, completely and totally 100% correct. It's a haven for, per example,
programmers who seek to enhance and update their knowledge. Not for monkeys who
try to be authoritative by barking orders at a usenet group.

> I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
> network programming and various CS homework assignment help.

Really? Doesn't bother me... those horribly offensive posts you mentioned must
be filtered by my news reader or something.

> Hardly any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition.

A definition you designed? If so, you have a right to speak. If not, you're just
some guy who thinks he can lecture an entire newsgroup and on top of that,
believes that he's going to be taken seriously.
Besides, even if your statement was PART true, which it isn't, 'hardly any'
would be an exaggeration. Even 'almost everyone' borders to a lie.

> I hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of system-dependant
> and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all your discussion upon the
> C standard.

You're not charging anything but batteries pal. If you were a moderator, or the
King of Zimbabwe, then maybe you'd have some kind of authority. But I haven't
seen you contribute once to this list. If you really didn't, you don't even have
the right to fart, let alone ordering everyone in the list. Even emperor Shaddam
IV doesn't have the right to do that.

> And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
> too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
> or graphic design.

When it comes to serious topic offenses like you just listed, most reply telling
the 'offender' it's off topic, and redirecting him to another newsgroup. Simple
questions? As long as the thread doesn't grow beyond a couple of posts, who
cares! And obvious questions who are answered in the FAQ are generally pointed
out. And no, not all the time.

> In the future when such people are identified you must immediately outcast
> them from the forum and cleanse yourself of their vile presense.

You fall into that category, since your post isn't about the C standard. And you
are also the only one on whom I'd consider applying your rude, rude 'order'.

> Your current lazy half-answers coupled with vague references to more
> appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.

alt.flame.

I feel better now. Thanks

--
main(int c,char*k,char*s){c>0?main(0,"adceoX$_k6][^hn","-7\
0#05&'40$.6'+).3+1%30"),puts(""):*s?c=!c?-*sputchar(45),c

Mr. X

Doug,

Any chance you can advise me on how to program with sockets?
I have a homework assignment and I do not know how to start.

"Doug B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.
> I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
> network programming and various CS homework assignment help. Hardly
> any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition. I
> hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of
> system-dependant and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all
> your discussion upon the C standard.
> And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
> too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
> or graphic design. In the future when such people are identified you
> must immediately outcast them from the forum and cleanse yourself of
> their vile presense. Your current lazy half-answers coupled with
> vague references to more appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.
>
> Doug Protocols

Derk Gwen

#
# Really? Doesn't bother me... those horribly offensive posts you mentioned must
# be filtered by my news reader or something.

It's always April 1st somewhere on the net.

Don't say anything. Especially you.

Randy Howard

In article <34hUa.3448$Ye.2452@fed1read02>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Doug,
>
> Any chance you can advise me on how to program with sockets?
> I have a homework assignment and I do not know how to start.

While we're at it, perhaps Mr. Tisdale could assist me in developing
a driver for MS-DOS 3.30 for a FC BERT tester/fault injector. I have
only an old Power C compiler and no manual for it, so please be
specific in how to use it. Also, I am going to have to enter the
source on the machine with "copy con" because I don't have an editor,
so please make it as short and concise as possible.

BTW, how do I make my PC Speaker play "The Eyes of Texas"?

/* */

Binary

I agree with Pieter on this. Since this ng is not moderated it is hard to
slap hands though. My feeling are that the "FAQ: Read this first" message
should be sent to this newsgroup a bit more frequently so new users will see
it in the first x-amount of threads listed.

BTW, i think this is just a troll, calm down fellas...

Bruno Desthuilliers

Pieter Droogendijk wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2003 11:07:56 -0700
> (E-Mail Removed) (Doug B) wrote:
>

>>Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.

> Absolutely, completely and totally 100% correct. It's a haven for, per example,
> programmers who seek to enhance and update their knowledge. Not for monkeys who
> try to be authoritative by barking orders at a usenet group.

(snip)
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdtroll.h>

void warning(void) {
printf("dont feed the troll\n");
}

Bruno

Artie Gold

Doug B wrote:
> Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.

Well, no. It's for discussing standard C. Discussing the C standard is
done in news:comp.std.c.

> I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
> network programming and various CS homework assignment help. Hardly
> any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition. I
> hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of
> system-dependant and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all
> your discussion upon the C standard.
> And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
> too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
> or graphic design. In the future when such people are identified you
> must immediately outcast them from the forum and cleanse yourself of
> their vile presense. Your current lazy half-answers coupled with
> vague references to more appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.

Fortunately, topicality is always topical...

--ag

--
Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas

Eric Bernard

"Doug B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Comp.lang.c is supposed to be a haven for discussing the C standard.
> I am disgusted and apalled to see you all turning it into a forum for
> network programming and various CS homework assignment help. Hardly
> any among you have remained true to comp.lang.c's definition. I
> hereby charge you to immediately cease all discussion of
> system-dependant and compiler-dependant nonsense and concentrate all
> your discussion upon the C standard.
> And when people come by who don't bother to read the faq, you are far
> too open to their questions about windows socket programming or curses
> or graphic design. In the future when such people are identified you
> must immediately outcast them from the forum and cleanse yourself of
> their vile presense. Your current lazy half-answers coupled with
> vague references to more appropriate newsgroups, do not cut it.
>
> Doug Protocols

.... sigh.

You're not helping it with such posts.

Re: Disgusted chuckcar Computer Support 32 10-22-2010 02:22 PM
Re: Disgusted Kay Computer Support 0 10-16-2010 09:10 PM
Quite disgusted with voip.co.uk Sean UK VOIP 15 07-17-2006 04:52 PM
Disgusted at Disgusted Geoffrey Windows 64bit 14 02-16-2006 06:54 PM
Norton A/V Disgusted Lord Haw-Haw Computer Support 6 01-29-2004 03:51 PM

Advertisments