Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Experts: Is it possible to combine policy-based MPLS-TE + MPLS-VPN ?

Experts: Is it possible to combine policy-based MPLS-TE + MPLS-VPN ?

Herbert Haas

Suppose I have a MPLS-VPN backbone. Only Provider-Edge Routers (PE)
are interconnected via MP-BGP and exchanging VPNv4 addresses. Several
customers are attched to my network via an interface on these
PE-Routers. On these interfaces, a VRF has been established.

Additionally I want to do policy-based MPLS traffic engineering. It
would be very interesting if it is possible to specify a route-map on
the PE routers telling which customer's traffic is routed over which
MPLS-TE tunnel.

I think it does not work (I was not able to configure this) but I
would appreciate your comments.

Regards
Herbert