Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig numbers/

Re: Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig numbers/

William Ahern

<
> bloody colonists, can't even speak english proper like wot we does
> over ere.

Tom speaks for himself. I make it a point to use "could not", and to point
out the mistake to everybody that utters the incorrect form while in my
presence (which is what I was about to do 'till I read this post . It's
definitely one of my pet peeves (also people who smack gum or chew like
cows).

OTOH, if one were inclined to chase his tail, you could argue that using
"could care" is a clever way of exercising the meaning.

- Bill

Tom St Denis

William Ahern wrote:
> Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:34:57 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Tom St Denis
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I could care less for your personal motives.

>>This is one of the most peculiar americanisms. The english version "I
>>could not care less" makes considerably more sense...

> <
>
>>bloody colonists, can't even speak english proper like wot we does
>>over ere.

> Tom speaks for himself. I make it a point to use "could not", and to point
> out the mistake to everybody that utters the incorrect form while in my
> presence (which is what I was about to do 'till I read this post . It's
> definitely one of my pet peeves (also people who smack gum or chew like
> cows).
>
> OTOH, if one were inclined to chase his tail, you could argue that using
> "could care" is a clever way of exercising the meaning.

It be a typo. Ain't no deepers meaning thans that yo!

Tom