Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: [cpp] Is this valid?

Re: [cpp] Is this valid?

Richard Heathfield

Default User wrote:

> Mark McIntyre wrote:
>
>> because I dislike giving into bullies.

> I've had enough of him.
>

> *plonk*

Has it not occurred to you that his phraseology in his original reply is
mildly ambiguous, so that you are honestly reading it one way even though
he honestly intended it the other?

I've read that reply a couple of times now, and I still can't be certain
which of you is correct.

Don't you think you're both being a tiny bit silly about such a little
thing?

<rant>
If this were the playground, the teacher would grab you both by the ear and
bang your heads together a couple of times to knock some sense into you
both.
</rant>

--
Richard Heathfield : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Default User

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> Has it not occurred to you that his phraseology in his original reply is
> mildly ambiguous, so that you are honestly reading it one way even though
> he honestly intended it the other?

When he protested that he was misrepresented, I reread it and did not
come to that conclusion.

> I've read that reply a couple of times now, and I still can't be certain
> which of you is correct.

It seems clear enough to me. The question about what cpp meant in that
context had already been asked and answered, his contentions about UNIX
tools only served to muddy the waters.

> Don't you think you're both being a tiny bit silly about such a little
> thing?

My decision in the matter had more to do him calling me a bully and
other abusive remarks. I'm tired of him, and he can take a siesta in my
killfile for a time. In almost all respects, I'm not Dan Pop, I'm not
going to keep reading his posts for the purposes of insulting Mark. It's
best I just don't see him for awhile.

Brian Rodenborn