Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > AVL trees

AVL trees

Paul Emmons

Does anyone know of an example package of C code for this data
structure available for download?

I have several books that discuss AVL trees as algorithms, possibly
with Pascal code, and could probably write my own C code with a day or
two of concentration. However, if something is off-the-shelf out
there that could merely be adapted for the data they are to contain in
a given application, I think I'd rather save myself the trouble.

It took me almost a day to get ordinary binary trees working. Of
course, the trickiest part is deleting a node. Other than that, it
was fairly easy.

Mike Wahler

Paul Emmons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of an example package of C code for this data
> structure available for download?
>
> I have several books that discuss AVL trees as algorithms, possibly
> with Pascal code, and could probably write my own C code with a day or
> two of concentration. However, if something is off-the-shelf out
> there that could merely be adapted for the data they are to contain in
> a given application, I think I'd rather save myself the trouble.
>
> It took me almost a day to get ordinary binary trees working. Of
> course, the trickiest part is deleting a node. Other than that, it
> was fairly easy.

From one of the regulars here:

http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/avl/

-Mike

Binary search trees (AVL trees) jacob navia C Programming 34 01-08-2010 07:27 PM
sequence to FULLY test AVL tree implementation??? Nobody C++ 3 12-29-2004 07:22 PM
How do you do a REMOVAL in an AVL tree? Nobody C++ 1 12-26-2004 09:03 PM
question on AVL trees Nobody C++ 0 12-24-2004 06:20 AM
question on avl trees Evangelista Sami C Programming 1 11-21-2003 06:48 PM

Advertisments