Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > remote monitor

remote monitor

bvlmv

Is there a way to monitor what a tech is doing remotely to a cisco
box? In other words I have a guy who is going to be making changes
remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
real-time.]
THanks

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
bvlmv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Is there a way to monitor what a tech is doing remotely to a cisco
:box? In other words I have a guy who is going to be making changes
:remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
:real-time.]

If you want 'real time' then you are going to have to sniff the
network connection. For example, you would need this if you want
to watch as the guy corrects typos.

If seeing the completed commands is close enough, then on newer PIX
and (as I understand) newer IOS, you can configure so that all
commands are logged through the normal logging mechanisms. On PIX,
this gets right down to including the individual lines of configuration
changes; I don't know whether the same is true on IOS.

CatOS... I don't know.
typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. -- Blair Houghton.

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Is there a way to monitor what a tech is doing remotely to a cisco
> box? In other words I have a guy who is going to be making changes
> remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
> real-time.]

Not real time that I know of (other than VNC, Sniffers etc.) Why not
use Tacacs+ to monitor what was typed in?

--

hsb

bvlmv

Oh ok. I thought there was a command that you configure on the vty so
that when the tech and I log in to the router i'm able to see him
configuring.
thanks.