Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Source code for free() lib function

Re: Source code for free() lib function

E. Robert Tisdale

asm_fool wrote:

> Where can I get the source code for the free() function
> according to the latest standard?

You can look at the GNU implementation in

.../gcc-3.2.2/boehm-gc/malloc.c

for example.

> Any URL reference please.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/

Hans-J. Boehm

"E. Robert Tisdale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> asm_fool wrote:
>
> > Where can I get the source code for the free() function
> > according to the latest standard?

> You can look at the GNU implementation in
>
> .../gcc-3.2.2/boehm-gc/malloc.c
>
> for example.
>
> > Any URL reference please.

> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/

This is part of a garbage-collecting malloc implementation. Within
gcc,
it is used by default only by the Java runtime. For more details, see

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc

You can find the malloc/free implementation used by glibc (the Linux
default, written primarily by Doug Lea and Wofram Gloger) at

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cv...?cvsroot=glibc

Hans