Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Why this Code Works ??

Re: Why this Code Works ??

John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / the Lab)

James wrote:
> int a ;
> int a ;
>
> main ( ) {
> a = 94 ;
> printf ("%d\n", a) ;
> }
>
> Why does this code compile without any warning.
> If u initialise a. It is an error ?. Why ?.
>

> regards,
> jame

It's perfectly legal, although kind of pointless to declare a twice...
If you declare and initialize a twice then it would be an error
(multiple definitions).
Also if I may suggest, declare main explicitly as int main(void) and
return 0; at the end.
I would also advise you to use proper indentations for clarity, and
don't forget to include <stdio.h> since you use printf

-- Nuclear / the Lab --