Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: another const question

Re: another const question

bd

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:48:03 -0700, Felix Zaslavskiy wrote:

> given :
>
> char c[] = "hello";
>
> Can one say that c is type of const char * ?
>
> I know this kind of statement may apply to c++ only but can one state
> this for C in a practical sence ?

Nope. c is an array of type char. It is not const, and is not a pointer
(though it can be converted into a pointer to its first element).
--
Freenet distribution not available
Don't expect people to keep in step--it's hard enough just staying in line.