Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Jun Woong

"Douglas A. Gwyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jun Woong wrote:
> > But, is there behavior which doesn't affect the program's output but
> > which still affects the program's conformance?

> I still don't understand what the problem is supposed to be.

The real problem is the meaning of the definition for "behavior,"
especially the purpose of the phrase "external appearance" in it.

> A program might not *have* any output if it is rejected by the
> implementation for containing undefined behavior etc.

This was what I said in my previous posting as quoted above.

> There are essentially three kinds of program behavior:
> (1) specified.
> (2) unspecified but "stable".
> (3) undefined.
> A s.c. program contains no instances of (3).
> A s.c. program can contain instances of (2), but its output
> shall not depend on which of the allowed choices the
> implementation has made for each such instance (except for
> locale-specific behavior, which we intentionally allow to
> affect the output as a special kludge to encourage use of
> locales).

Thanks for the answer.

--
Jun, Woong ((E-Mail Removed))
Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Seoul

Override 'and' and 'or' Dekker Python 13 10-08-2007 02:55 PM
A question (and answer) for the Ruby FAQ: override and overload Stephan Kämper Ruby 2 01-24-2005 01:05 PM
Preprocessor gcc and override bigbinc C++ 2 01-02-2004 08:42 PM
Java MIDP on Palm - override String and Image Item layouts Kurt Milligan Java 1 09-15-2003 09:32 PM
Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free? Jun Woong C Programming 0 06-26-2003 03:49 PM

Advertisments