Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Douglas A. Gwyn

Jun Woong wrote:
> But, is there behavior which doesn't affect the program's output but
> which still affects the program's conformance?

I still don't understand what the problem is supposed to be.
A program might not *have* any output if it is rejected by the
implementation for containing undefined behavior etc.
There are essentially three kinds of program behavior:
(1) specified.
(2) unspecified but "stable".
(3) undefined.
A s.c. program contains no instances of (3).
A s.c. program can contain instances of (2), but its output
shall not depend on which of the allowed choices the
implementation has made for each such instance (except for
locale-specific behavior, which we intentionally allow to
affect the output as a special kludge to encourage use of
locales).

Override 'and' and 'or' Dekker Python 13 10-08-2007 02:55 PM
A question (and answer) for the Ruby FAQ: override and overload Stephan Kämper Ruby 2 01-24-2005 01:05 PM
Preprocessor gcc and override bigbinc C++ 2 01-02-2004 08:42 PM
Java MIDP on Palm - override String and Image Item layouts Kurt Milligan Java 1 09-15-2003 09:32 PM
Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free? Jun Woong C Programming 0 06-26-2003 03:49 PM

Advertisments