Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Seg fault while running C script as non root

Seg fault while running C script as non root

Micah Cowan

Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Micah Cowan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (forrest stanley) writes:
> >> Ahh, how I love the newsgroup. Always expect a few flames from
> >> friendly people with nothing to do at work (or at home, sorry, get
> >> layed off?).

> > <grin> -- you really think those were *flames*? They seemed pretty
> > cordial to me, especially considering you obviously had failed to have
> > the common decency to read the FAQ, and you had posted code which
> > didn't look too terribly much like ISO C, the only legal topic for
> > this newsgroup (besides meta-topics such as topicality).

> No, *this* is a flame (albeit milder than what some people could come
> up with):
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ja...inki.fi&rnum=1

Yowza. I remember that guy. I still think it's terrific that his
asshole-ness is forever archived in the annals of USENET.

OTOH, that reminds me of how many times *my* idiocy got recorded...

-Micah