Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Sound Lag after Burning DVD

Sound Lag after Burning DVD

Newfdog

Hi all... I recently downloaded a movie file from the internet and after
burning it to DVD I find that the sound lags behind the video. This
effect can hardly be noticed at first but as the movie plays on it
becomes more pronounced. The files where of the type .vob, .ifo and .bup
and I used Nero 6 burning rom to do the burning. Has anyone encountered
this problem before? Is the problem on my end or is it the case of a bad
rip somewhere along the line?

Thanks
Newfdog

Newfdog

bambam wrote:
> Newfdog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dyDLd.223257
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Hi all... I recently downloaded a movie file from the internet and after
>>burning it to DVD I find that the sound lags behind the video. This
>>effect can hardly be noticed at first but as the movie plays on it
>>becomes more pronounced. The files where of the type .vob, .ifo and .bup
>>and I used Nero 6 burning rom to do the burning. Has anyone encountered
>>this problem before? Is the problem on my end or is it the case of a bad
>>rip somewhere along the line?

> If you play the .vob file on your hard drive, is it out of sync?

Hey bambam... I just tried that and it's not out of sync. I also played
the dvd in several other players and it's not out of sync. Guess I have
a questionable dvd player here. It's a brand new JVC. I didn't have any
problem with a commercial dvd though. Might have to return it.

Thanks
Newfdog

Billy Billy is offline
Junior Member

I encountered the same problem only with Nero 7, I tried first trasnfering them into DVD from AVI no help, along with various other methods, finally I tried to us the burning in VSO ( divx to dvd) and noticed it cleared up so I knew then it was a nero problem not a problem with the DVDRW drive your going laugh when you hear this but I decided to try burning at the lowest possible speed and Voila, the problem was fixed, that was about 8 months and 100 dvds ago and I have not had the problem since.Note: I'm running a P4@3.0ghz (800FSB) and 1024mb of ram and the VSO program redlines my CPU usage at 100% from the moment it kicks in to the moment it is done converting, not like I have to say this but thats no good, becare if you use this program, having the cpu running at 100% for an hour will likely cost you your processor after a while