Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > error message - code assertion failed (null)

error message - code assertion failed (null)

blizzard

code assertion failed (null)

This error message is coming up when someone tries to install a game
(operating system = XP)

Can anyone tell me what it means and more to the point - is there a fix or
workaround?

(The game is said to be incompatible with XP, but installs fine on my (XP)
computer and then runs fine using compatibility mode, but on another
computer, it reportedly won't install - just gives the error message.)

HF

That is the point.
"blizzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsryLd.319$(E-Mail Removed)...
> code assertion failed (null)
>
> This error message is coming up when someone tries to install a game
> (operating system = XP)
>
> Can anyone tell me what it means and more to the point - is there a fix or
> workaround?
>
> (The game is said to be incompatible with XP, but installs fine on my (XP)
> computer and then runs fine using compatibility mode, but on another
> computer, it reportedly won't install - just gives the error message.)

HF

In any case you dont specify what OS it will not run on.
"blizzard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsryLd.319$(E-Mail Removed)...
> code assertion failed (null)
>
> This error message is coming up when someone tries to install a game
> (operating system = XP)
>
> Can anyone tell me what it means and more to the point - is there a fix or
> workaround?
>
> (The game is said to be incompatible with XP, but installs fine on my (XP)
> computer and then runs fine using compatibility mode, but on another
> computer, it reportedly won't install - just gives the error message.)

Ellenz66 Ellenz66 is offline
Junior Member
Location: New Zealand

I too am getting this message when I try to play Riding Star (for my granddaughter) on a Compaq Presario Notebook, with a Radeon graphics card, and running XP home, ......''Code Assertion failed'' ; oddly it has played on this computer in the UK before I had to reinstall XP in NZ.

Dayzzii Doo Dayzzii Doo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellenz66
I too am getting this message when I try to play Riding Star (for my granddaughter) on a Compaq Presario Notebook, with a Radeon graphics card, and running XP home, ......''Code Assertion failed'' ; oddly it has played on this computer in the UK before I had to reinstall XP in NZ.
Hiya
I have succeded in putting Riding star on my old pc which has Directx but my old pc is not very good so i am trying to put it on the xp but i keep getting the message code asscertion failed (null).
it said on the cover of riding star not for xp so i guess it just does not work on xps.

From Daisy