Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > worms trojans viruses

worms trojans viruses

Dog

Is there a program that gets rid of spyware and keeps it away. I use spybot
adaware and spysweeper and when I remove everything that shows up it just
loads up again next time I start the comp. How can I get rid of them
permanentely? thanks for your help.

Rv!

"Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:JqUKd.17708$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Is there a program that gets rid of spyware and keeps it away. I use spybot
> adaware and spysweeper and when I remove everything that shows up it just
> loads up again next time I start the comp. How can I get rid of them
> permanentely? thanks for your help.

Switch off XP's System Restoreand it will probably not come back again.

Rv!

Mark Mandell

"Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JqUKd.17708$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Is there a program that gets rid of spyware and keeps it away. I use
> spybot
> adaware and spysweeper and when I remove everything that shows up it just
> loads up again next time I start the comp. How can I get rid of them
> permanentely? thanks for your help.

If you locate them in the Registry you could delete it there. Click on
Edit(at the top), then type the name in "find."

Dog

In XPPRO where is system restore found ????
"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41fc44fc$0$19158$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:JqUKd.17708$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Is there a program that gets rid of spyware and keeps it away. I use

spybot
> > adaware and spysweeper and when I remove everything that shows up it

just
> > loads up again next time I start the comp. How can I get rid of them
> > permanentely? thanks for your help.

> Switch off XP's System Restoreand it will probably not come back again.
>
> Rv!

Dog

I have same problem and switched off the sys restore and they all came back
within minutes. I would like to know what to look for in the registry to get
rid of this problem.
"Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41fc44fc$0$19158$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:JqUKd.17708$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Is there a program that gets rid of spyware and keeps it away. I use

spybot
> > adaware and spysweeper and when I remove everything that shows up it

just
> > loads up again next time I start the comp. How can I get rid of them
> > permanentely? thanks for your help.

> Switch off XP's System Restoreand it will probably not come back again.
>
> Rv!

Kenty

"Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tfHpe.10453$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I have same problem and switched off the sys restore and they all came back
> within minutes. I would like to know what to look for in the registry to
> get
> rid of this problem.
> "Rv!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41fc44fc$0$19158$(E-Mail Removed)...

boot into safe mode and run them with restore off..get into safe mode by
hitting F8 key on reboot or by using Msconfig

What's in a Name?

Dog wrote:
> In XPPRO where is system restore found ????

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=sec_doc_nam

Read and follow instructions-
Then,when you are finished, read this-
Keeping Windows Clean: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html