Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Memory question

Re: Memory question

127.0.0.1

"Vroneg the boisterous"
<(E-Mail Removed)-ill-shapen-jolthead.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-self-seeking-hippopotamus.net...
> 127.0.0.1, <get.rooted@localhost>, wrote:
>
>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> The other advice given is right. Your memory should be running at a
>>> speed of 100MHz since the PIII 450 has a bus speed of 100 with 4.5
>>> multiplier. Take out the 66MHz stick.

>> he's running XP... it's still going to be slow
>> i suggest installing win2k with those specs.

> BWAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You ****ed up, stupid ****. Why would he
> even
> bother contemplating your ****ing idiotic notion if did not indicate, not
> even by one iota, that performance was a problem for him? You ****ing
> brain-dead piece of chopped liver.

think beyond the bubble. why would the OP add more memory? i guess 96 megs
abit slow for XP?
additional 128 is better. matching the bus speeds is only a very small part
of beefing up a pIII. installing win2k is a very noticeable performance gain
over XP.

btw, that's a poor imitation of a k-man like troll reply.

-a|ex

Vroneg the boisterous

--
G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
****wit, not just on usenet, but in in real

Gugok the acquitted

127.0.0.1, <get.rooted@localhost>, wrote:

> "Vroneg the boisterous"
> <(E-Mail Removed)-ill-shapen-jolthead.org> wrote in
> message

news:(E-Mail Removed)-self-seeking-hippopotamus.n
et...
>> 127.0.0.1, <get.rooted@localhost>, wrote:
>>
>>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> he's running XP... it's still going to be slow
>>> i suggest installing win2k with those specs.

>> BWAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You ****ed up, stupid ****. Why would
>> he even
>> bother contemplating your ****ing idiotic notion if did not
>> indicate, not even by one iota, that performance was a problem for
>> him? You ****ing brain-dead piece of chopped liver.
>>

> think beyond the bubble.
> why would the OP add more memory? i guess 96
> megs abit slow for XP?
> additional 128 is better. matching the bus speeds is only a very
> small part of beefing up a pIII. installing win2k is a very
> noticeable performance gain over XP.
>
> btw, that's a poor imitation of a k-man like troll reply.

It is not a matter of cogitating on irrelevant points.

The OP made no mention of performance and it is quite likely that he is more
than painfully aware that his machine is not exactly what you might call
speedy. It is also not beyond the realms of possibility that the OP cannot
afford either a faster machine or another operating system. Your notions
involve him only in more expense; unless you plan to send him, gratis and
out of your own pocket, a legal copy of win2k, or unless you plan on having
him steal a copy.

All of that means the OP probably doesn't need you to blow your snot bubbles
just so you can think beyond them, you ****ing gormless ****.