Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Hard disk

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Hard disk

 
 
Pterygia Casearius
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:

> Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
> computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
> my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
> to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time


Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely gormless
****?




--
G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
****wit, not just on usenet, but in in real
life too: "I have my share of detractors in RL"
news:(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
stu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
how do i format it
Thanks for the replies

"Pterygia Casearius" <(E-Mail Removed)-dud-puffball.org>
wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-skulled-groaning-pile-of-faeces.org...
> stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:
>
>> Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
>> computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
>> my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
>> to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

>
> Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely gormless
> ****?
>
>
>
>
> --
> G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
> ****wit, not just on usenet, but in in real
> life too: "I have my share of detractors in RL"
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hemitoma Xylanolytica
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:

> how do i format it


It depends. What shape do you want it in?




--
G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
****wit, not just on usenet, but in in real
life too: "I have my share of detractors in RL"
news:(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Danny Bouy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
"stu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41f90011$0$44106$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl
> how do i format it
> Thanks for the replies
>
> "Pterygia Casearius"
> <(E-Mail Removed)-dud-puffball.org> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-skulled-groaning-pile-of-faeces.org...
>> stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
>>> computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
>>> my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
>>> to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

>>
>> Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely
>> gormless ****?


http://www.pcguide.com/proc/setup/hdd-c.html
http://www.webtechgeek.com/How-to-Fo...Hard-Drive.htm
http://www.techadvice.com/tech/H/HardDriveFormat.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

And all found here at google:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...+hard+drive%2E

--
Ups & downs


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
stu wrote:
> how do i format it
> Thanks for the replies
>


Log on as an Administrator. Go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools.
Click on Computer management. Go to Storage (expand it if it's not
already) and then click on Disk Management. the unformatted HDD should
show up. Right-click on it and select Format.

HTH
 
Reply With Quote
 
Conor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
In article <41f90011$0$44106$(E-Mail Removed) >, stu
says...
> how do i format it
> Thanks for the replies
>

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=313348

--
Conor

An imperfect plan executed violently is far superior to a perfect plan.
-- George Patton
 
Reply With Quote
 
A Nengineer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
stu wrote:
>>stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
>>>computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it in
>>>my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need to do
>>>to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time

>>
>>Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely gormless
>>****?


> how do i format it
> Thanks for the replies
>


Man, you're a glutton for punishment!

--
http://www.polhemus.cc/blog
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sporocytophaga Gibbosus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2005
A Nengineer, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:

> stu wrote:
>>> stu, <(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi all again, just installed a new hard disk, and when i start my
>>>> computer up it see's it in the BIOS, however when i try to see it
>>>> in my computer, it doesn't show up, is there anything that i need
>>>> to do to enable me to use it.Thanks for your time
>>>
>>> Did you format it and assign it a drive letter, you completely
>>> gormless ****?

>
> > how do i format it
> > Thanks for the replies
> >

>
> Man, you're a glutton for punishment!


Is that why you slink off all the time?




--
G Morgan admits that he gets told he's a
****wit, not just on usenet, but in in real
life too: "I have my share of detractors in RL"
news:(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hard drive is Disk 0 CHANGES to hard drive is Disk 1??? And still works!!! Spin Computer Support 7 04-09-2008 09:04 PM
Hard drive is Disk 0 CHANGES to hard drive is Disk 1??? And still works!!! Spin Windows 64bit 10 04-09-2008 09:04 PM
copy my first hard disk info onto my second hard disk gary Computer Support 2 10-28-2004 10:49 PM
Getting "not enough disk space error" when there is plenty of disk space Jas Shultz ASP .Net 0 12-03-2003 05:07 PM
Disk Space On System Disk In XP Harry Da Hat Computer Support 0 11-13-2003 11:25 AM



Advertisments