Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > unable to access web sites

unable to access web sites

Stephen

Running windows xp but for some reason cannot access a few web sites I try
to get on, such as classmates.com or c.j.com a few others. I get "the page
can't be displayed" page, checked all the settings and even shut off my
filters and still no access. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Steve D

Duane Arnold

"Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Running windows xp but for some reason cannot access a few web sites I
> try to get on, such as classmates.com or c.j.com a few others. I get
> "the page can't be displayed" page, checked all the settings and even
> shut off my filters and still no access. Any help appreciated. Thanks,
> Steve D

If this is the IE browser, did you try *Delete Files* off of Tools/Internet
Options and cleared out stored pages?

Duane

Stephen

Tried both with no success.
news:Xns95E97AB3D4E06notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..
> "Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
>> Running windows xp but for some reason cannot access a few web sites I
>> try to get on, such as classmates.com or c.j.com a few others. I get
>> "the page can't be displayed" page, checked all the settings and even
>> shut off my filters and still no access. Any help appreciated. Thanks,
>> Steve D
>>

> If this is the IE browser, did you try *Delete Files* off of
> Tools/Internet
> Options and cleared out stored pages?
>
> Duane

Jerry G.

This is usually caused by having the security level set too high, or not
allowing a low enough security level for allowing cookies.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Running windows xp but for some reason cannot access a few web sites I try
to get on, such as classmates.com or c.j.com a few others. I get "the page
can't be displayed" page, checked all the settings and even shut off my
filters and still no access. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Steve D

Unable to access certain web sites from desktop PC due to .wap honeil Wireless Networking 3 12-10-2007 02:04 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM
unable to access microsoft sites... Mikemike ASP .Net Security 2 12-10-2003 12:21 AM

Advertisments