Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Removal of an OS

Removal of an OS

Mark Mersereau

I recently purchased a used laptop, my first. It's a ThinkPad 390 and seems
to work OK except that its hard drive is nearly full and I continue to
receive messages to that effect. It tells me to get rid of unused programs,
but there aren't any.

It has two OSystems, Windows 98 and Windows 2000/WINNT.

I need only one OS and I have a recovery disk only for Win 98. I'd like to
get rid of the Win 2000 and its files in order to free up HD space.

How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?

Help would be appreciated.

Mark

Brian

"Mark Mersereau" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mjYId.18292$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently purchased a used laptop, my first. It's a ThinkPad 390 and

seems
> to work OK except that its hard drive is nearly full and I continue to
> receive messages to that effect. It tells me to get rid of unused

programs,
> but there aren't any.
>
> It has two OSystems, Windows 98 and Windows 2000/WINNT.
>
> I need only one OS and I have a recovery disk only for Win 98. I'd like

> get rid of the Win 2000 and its files in order to free up HD space.
>
> How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

visit:

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/win2...k.htm#sectiona

see which setup is relivant to *your current* setup and follow the
instructions.

Brian

"Mark Mersereau" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mjYId.18292$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently purchased a used laptop, my first. It's a ThinkPad 390 and

seems
> to work OK except that its hard drive is nearly full and I continue to
> receive messages to that effect. It tells me to get rid of unused

programs,
> but there aren't any.
>
> It has two OSystems, Windows 98 and Windows 2000/WINNT.
>
> I need only one OS and I have a recovery disk only for Win 98. I'd like

> get rid of the Win 2000 and its files in order to free up HD space.
>
> How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

if you don't have a 98 boot diskette already get urself one here.
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

btw. it's an executable which writes directly to your floppy drive. have an
empty, preferably formatted diskette in it before executing.

Dynamic instantiation/removal of TB components? jjohnson@cs.ucf.edu VHDL 2 08-18-2005 09:02 AM
Duplicate bookmark removal in firefox tmt Firefox 2 05-12-2005 02:46 PM
Removal from host of a Wireless network place (other computer) =?Utf-8?B?c3N0YW5qYg==?= Wireless Networking 2 04-08-2005 02:52 PM
Search engine removal Trev67 Firefox 4 02-15-2005 07:55 PM
Removal of plugins from Mozilla's browser Adam Smith Firefox 2 12-11-2004 10:31 PM

Advertisments