Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Is there a good fanless cooler for Athlon XP 3200+ ?

Is there a good fanless cooler for Athlon XP 3200+ ?

Daniel

Hi,
I noticed there is a totally fanless cooler available from Thermaltake, but
it's only for athlon 64, or P4 - the thermaltake fanless 103 cooler.

Does anyone know if there is ANY fanless cooler available for just Athlon XP
processors? I have a 3200+, and at the moment have an all copper
Coolermaster Jet+ (the silver one that looks like a jet engine), which is
kinda annoyingly noisy, because I have to have it on full speed, otherwise
the processor temp goes up quite a lot. On full speed, it keeps it between
60-70 degrees C - so I'd be looking to keep it at this level, or lower.

Thanks,
Daniel

JD

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed there is a totally fanless cooler available from Thermaltake, but
> it's only for athlon 64, or P4 - the thermaltake fanless 103 cooler.
>
> Does anyone know if there is ANY fanless cooler available for just Athlon XP
> processors? I have a 3200+, and at the moment have an all copper
> Coolermaster Jet+ (the silver one that looks like a jet engine), which is
> kinda annoyingly noisy, because I have to have it on full speed, otherwise
> the processor temp goes up quite a lot. On full speed, it keeps it between
> 60-70 degrees C - so I'd be looking to keep it at this level, or lower.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

I use a Coolermaster Aroblow 7 on my cpu (2600+) which is set to its
lowest settings so it is virtually noiseless (40 - 50 degrees celcius)
... you might want to try a cooler with a larger fan (120mm instead of
the 80mm) such as the zalman CNPS7000B-Cu the theory behind the larger
fan is it takes less rpm to deliver the same airflow .. ether that or
consider using water cooling .. what kind of thermal compound are you
using (can make the difference between a few degrees)