Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > way old computer shuts down after start up

way old computer shuts down after start up

Ivan

A guy asked me to help him out with an older computer that another guy built
for him from spare parts. Today after he booted it up several times it
would shut itself off. Also the monitor didn't come on any of these
times...but we could hear a click inside the monitor as if the power had
turned on or off. Just off the top of your heads, what can I do to help
him? He's running windows 98, and has no start up disk.
thanks

Mark Mandell

"Ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A guy asked me to help him out with an older computer that another guy
>built for him from spare parts. Today after he booted it up several times
>it would shut itself off. Also the monitor didn't come on any of these
>times...but we could hear a click inside the monitor as if the power had
>turned on or off. Just off the top of your heads, what can I do to help
>him? He's running windows 98, and has no start up disk.
> thanks

Replace the power supply for starters.