Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Difference between intel P4M and pentium M laptops

Difference between intel P4M and pentium M laptops

Chris

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can explain the benifits of buying a laptop with a
P4M 3.?Ghz processor over a pentium M 2.0Ghz?
I understand that the M processor is "more efficient" than its 2.0Ghz would
suggest but what is the equivalent speed of a P4?
The machines i am looking at have upto 3.4Ghz 800fsb 1mb L2 Cache or 2Ghz
600FSB 2Mb L2 Cache.
I will be using for general office programs as well as engineering programs
such as MATLAB and maybe autoCAD. I would be nice if it was upto runnig
games as well .

Which machine is likely to give the best allround performance both have 1Gb
ram and 128/256Mb graphics?

Thanks
Chris

Bubba

news:O66Id.22$v%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks I agree you are. I take great pleasure in being considerable more
> inteligent than you.
> Now any serious answers as to the difference
> Cheers

These are my favorites. Insulting someone's intelligence with mistakes in
spelling and grammar.

)

Chris

"Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vC7Id.47291$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O66Id.22$v%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks I agree you are. I take great pleasure in being considerable more
>> inteligent than you.
>> Now any serious answers as to the difference
>> Cheers

> These are my favorites. Insulting someone's intelligence with mistakes in
> spelling and grammar.
>
> )

Dyslexia doesn't affect my intelligence

Brian

"Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:VndId.215$v%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vC7Id.47291$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:O66Id.22$v%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks I agree you are. I take great pleasure in being considerable

more
> >> inteligent than you.
> >> Now any serious answers as to the difference
> >> Cheers

> > These are my favorites. Insulting someone's intelligence with mistakes

in
> > spelling and grammar.
> >
> > )
> >

> Dyslexia doesn't affect my intelligence

Well written!

Gloria Goitre

news:VndId.215$v%(E-Mail Removed)
> "Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vC7Id.47291$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:O66Id.22$v%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks I agree you are. I take great pleasure in being considerable
>>> more inteligent than you.
>>> Now any serious answers as to the difference
>>> Cheers

>> These are my favorites. Insulting someone's intelligence with
>> mistakes in spelling and grammar.
>>
>> )
>>

> Dyslexia doesn't affect my intelligence

Are you member of the DNA?