Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD/DVD-.............Doesn't recognise disk is there

CD/DVD-.............Doesn't recognise disk is there

Gweltek

A little while ago my CD/DVD Rom started playing up. Eventually it
wouldn't recognise any disks CD/Audio/DVD. Message 'Insert Disk
inDrive E(correct drive). '
On advice I replaced the drive with an AOPen DVD1648/APP PRO.
At first this worked perfectly but now after 3 weeks I'm back to the
'Insert disk' message.
Any ideas as to what is going on. I've downloaded the latest driver
update but to no avail.
Gweltek

Thor

"Gweltek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A little while ago my CD/DVD Rom started playing up. Eventually it
> wouldn't recognise any disks CD/Audio/DVD. Message 'Insert Disk
> inDrive E(correct drive). '
> On advice I replaced the drive with an AOPen DVD1648/APP PRO.
> At first this worked perfectly but now after 3 weeks I'm back to the
> 'Insert disk' message.
> Any ideas as to what is going on. I've downloaded the latest driver
> update but to no avail.
> Gweltek

your new drive probably died too. it happens. Optical drives are so cheaply
produced it's relatively common to get bad ones right from the start these
days.