Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Why Linux is ideal in a business environment

Re: Why Linux is ideal in a business environment

rapskat

rapskat http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed):

> An install of Linux is perpetual. Regular updates ensure that your
> system is not obsolesced or outdated, and that you will always be
> running the most recent, secure and best version of the platform and
> applications. There is no need to run out and purchase the latest
> version, because you will already have it.

So, what's the update path from SuSE 8 to 9? Mandrake 9 to 10?

john@wexfordpress.com

My technique under Slackware, honed from years of putzing around, is to
do a complete new install of the latest release and all the software
with it, on a fresh partition. then I bring over my work files,
mailboxes and so on little by little checking for anomalies as I go.

Most of the programs and suites that I use (TeX, Gimp, Xpdf, GVim
etc.) are included in Slackware.

Hard disks are cheap. Right now I have a 10 Gig and an 80 Gig.
John Culleton