Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: What makes a computer slow as molasses?

Re: What makes a computer slow as molasses?

Chet

You probably are infected by spyware or viruses (or both). Make sure you
have an updated firewall, virus check and spyware detector and run them
regularly. Virus definitions need to be no more than a few days old.

What is probably happening is that some program you didn't even know you had
is loading your internet connection with superfluous transmissions causing
the stuff you do know about to seem very slow.

"Mira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer is slow as molasses. Clicking "back" button or just opening a
> website is taking so much time. We have Comcast cable for a server (where

it
> disconnects by itself sometimes) which I dont understand. My computer is a
> refurbish Compaq Presario (which I swear would not buy ever again), I have
> no idea how much RAM or GHz this one has. My hubby said that mine is much
> much better that he has and it should not give me problems like this but

it
> makes me wonder why it is very slow. Is it true that more files you have

in
> your hard drive makes your pc slow? I have a lot of files in mine but I

have