Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > repair corrupt jpg's

repair corrupt jpg's

Mike the Kiwi

Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!

I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
Hope someone can help with this.

Cheers
Mike the Kiwi

Brian

"Mike the Kiwi" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
>
> I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point

because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
> show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am

unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
> Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even

a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
> the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
> Hope someone can help with this.
>
> Cheers
> Mike the Kiwi

not free but apparently the demo would still do the job for you.. and it has
worked for others (a mate of mine used the demo for a "one off" rescue..
also, i suppose it depends to which extent they are damaged/corrupt..

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm

effi

try renaming the files (right click on thumbnail, select rename) and making
sure the file ends in .jpg

if not, add .jpg to the end of the file name

sometimes if the .jpg isn't on the end of the file name, it won't show a
thumbnail pic

"Mike the Kiwi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
>
> I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point
> because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
> show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am
> unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
> Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even
> a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
> the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
> Hope someone can help with this.
>
> Cheers
> Mike the Kiwi

Thomas Williamson

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:47:59 +1300, "Mike the Kiwi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
>
>I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
>show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
>Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
>the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
>Hope someone can help with this.
>
>Cheers
>Mike the Kiwi

You might be able to open the jpeg in a different viewer, like ACDSee
or Irfanview. Then you can do a Save as... on it. Save it to the
same name, and the corrected file overwrites the bad one.

afturburn afturburn is offline
Junior Member

http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/

Fixed the problems just as described... look for the torrent as well.