Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Which CDR/RW drive?

Which CDR/RW drive?

Chris Berry

Hey folks,
I'm in the market for a new cdr/rw and things change so fast it's hard to
know what's what in terms all the new technology.
I've looked for comparative tests of the latest models but it seems that
even the review sites are fed up with rehashing the same articles.
Is there anyone that can either point me to a good round-up/comparison test
or tell me straight out what I should be looking at?
Thanks!
cb

--
=================================
Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

HF

Look at Pc Pro reviews and in particular the LG GS 4120

"Chris Berry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cru4s0$mn1$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hey folks,
> I'm in the market for a new cdr/rw and things change so fast it's hard to
> know what's what in terms all the new technology.
> I've looked for comparative tests of the latest models but it seems that
> even the review sites are fed up with rehashing the same articles.
> Is there anyone that can either point me to a good round-up/comparison

test
> or tell me straight out what I should be looking at?
> Thanks!
> cb
>
> --
> =================================
> Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

Chris Berry

I've currently got the GSA 4082B which is a fine dvd writer drive but I'm a
little peeved at the slow (24x) cd write.
I had a 32x writer which failed (grinds and makes noises, failing at above
12x) from Ricoh and the B*ggers want $45 just to have a look at it.
cb

--
=================================
Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

"HF" <(E-Mail Removed)21.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41e2daf1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Look at Pc Pro reviews and in particular the LG GS 4120
>
> "Chris Berry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cru4s0$mn1$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> > Hey folks,
> > I'm in the market for a new cdr/rw and things change so fast it's hard

> > know what's what in terms all the new technology.
> > I've looked for comparative tests of the latest models but it seems that
> > even the review sites are fed up with rehashing the same articles.
> > Is there anyone that can either point me to a good round-up/comparison

> test
> > or tell me straight out what I should be looking at?
> > Thanks!
> > cb
> >
> > --
> > Some people have something to say... others have to say something!

Jerry G.

We have had excellent results with the LG DVD and CD drives.

--

Jerry G.
=====