Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > netgear wireless card in notebook quit working

netgear wireless card in notebook quit working

effi

wg511u 108 mbps netgear wireless card in toshiba tecra 3100 pcmcia slot quit
working after removal from the pcmcia slot without clicking on "safely
remove hardware"

in control panel, system, device manager, netgear wireless adapter has an
indicator it doesn't work, properties says it cannot start, code (10)

also in device manager a secondary ide channel is shown with a yellow ? next
to it, and under properties it indicated it ain't working (can't remember
exact message right now) - if this is uninstalled, on restarting the
computer the new hardware found stuff happens and it results in the same
yellow ? next to "secondary ide channel" in device manager,,,,,,properties
in device manager says it cannot start, code (10) - same code as netgear
wireless card (per above)

there are two lights on the netgear wireless card,,,,before the card quit
working, both lights would light up,,,now only one light blinks every once
in a while, the other light doesn't light up at all, owner's manual says
when only one light lights up like that the card is in the power save
mode....

the owner tried uninstalling then reinstalling the netgear drivers 3 times
from the install cd and no change...

is the netgear wireless card damaged beyond use?

otherwise, what needs to be done so the netgear wireless card works again,
resulting in internet access?

Duane Arnold

> is the netgear wireless card damaged beyond use?
>
> otherwise, what needs to be done so the netgear wireless card works
> again, resulting in internet access?

The card is dead.

Duane

effi

news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..

>> is the netgear wireless card damaged beyond use?
>>
>> otherwise, what needs to be done so the netgear wireless card works
>> again, resulting in internet access?
>>

> The card is dead.
>
> Duane

oh well, it mysteriously started working again...

Duane Arnold

"effi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..
>>

>>> is the netgear wireless card damaged beyond use?
>>>
>>> otherwise, what needs to be done so the netgear wireless card works
>>> again, resulting in internet access?
>>>

>> The card is dead.
>>
>> Duane

> oh well, it mysteriously started working again...

It sounds like it's just a matter of time before failure again with the
card or something related to it.

Duane

William the Wombat

news:Xns95DA4371325B8notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..
> "effi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..

>>> The card is dead.
>>>
>>> Duane

>> oh well, it mysteriously started working again...
>>

> It sounds like it's just a matter of time before failure again with the
> card or something related to it.

*******s . . um I mean, What do you base this on?

Duane Arnold

"William the Wombat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:34ff02F4cn3esU1
@individual.net:

@corp.supernews.com:

>>> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..

>>> oh well, it mysteriously started working again...
>>>

>> It sounds like it's just a matter of time before failure again with

the
>> card or something related to it.

> *******s . . um I mean, What do you base this on?

Well, I had a laptop with a wireless Linksys WPC11 v1 wireless card that
did the same thing which was a couple of years old when it started giving
me problems by working and not working. I got a new WPC11 v3 card and
never looked back. I had a Linksys BEFW11S4 v1 router that part of the
memory no longer worked so that I couldn't get to the Admin screens
anymore. Luckily, before it happened, I was able to set it to a
wire/wireless switch AP and ran in that mode for about 6 months with it
connected to a Watchguard FW appliance before it finally died recently
altogether.

So bullocks .. um I mean -- I guess things can't go defective in your
world.

Duane

effi

news:Xns95DA4371325B8notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..
> "effi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..

>>> The card is dead.
>>>
>>> Duane

>> oh well, it mysteriously started working again...
>>

> It sounds like it's just a matter of time before failure again with the
> card or something related to it.
>
> Duane

based on netgear's website, they're having massive problems with their
products and windows xp service pack 2, and offer some beta versions of
fixes for some of those problems but don't support those, their own, beta
version fixes...

Robert Baer

effi wrote:

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns95DA4371325B8notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..
> > "effi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:Xns95D9439123013notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17. ..

> >> oh well, it mysteriously started working again...
> >>

> > It sounds like it's just a matter of time before failure again with the
> > card or something related to it.
> >
> > Duane

> based on netgear's website, they're having massive problems with their
> products and windows xp service pack 2, and offer some beta versions of
> fixes for some of those problems but don't support those, their own, beta
> version fixes...

Sounds like a return is in order, and another brand that is confirmed
to work properly as the next step..