Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hibernate Mode

Hibernate Mode

Newfdog

Hi all....... when you put your computer into hibernate mode what
happens? I understand that a file is constructed with all the relevant
information and that is used to restart. Where is that file stored, in
memory or on the hard drive? Are any parts of the pc kept powered at
some level?

thanks
Newfdog

The One

"Newfdog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6AaDd.43495$P%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi all....... when you put your computer into hibernate mode what happens?
> I understand that a file is constructed with all the relevant information
> and that is used to restart. Where is that file stored, in memory or on
> the hard drive? Are any parts of the pc kept powered at some level?
>
> thanks
> Newfdog

Puts your computer in a cardboard box, on a bed of straw and sleeps for the
winter.

It saves your computer state to HD.