Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Firefox

Firefox

Buckaroo Banzai

What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it and
am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?

Thanks in advance!

David

Yes, it is a good browser.
Keep in mind you will need IE to do windows updates.
Dave

The Ancient One

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it
> and am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Tried it. Personally I prefer IE, after SP2 added the popup blocker best I
can say about Firefox is, it's not a bad IE clone.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

all browsers **** me off one way or another. Try Opera too, that's a
great browser.

Thor

Firefox is a good alternative to IE, though I prefer Maxthon, which is a
browser built around the existing IE rendering engine, yet adds a HUGE
number of features that IE does not have, including tabbed browsing, a
stellar pop-up blocker (which is better than IE6 SP2's blocker, BTW), skin
support, handy unique plugins and too many other things to list. Give
Firefox a try, but also try out Maxthon and see what you think.
http://www.maxthon.com/en/index.htm

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it
> and am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Ionizer

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it

and
> am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Take it for a test drive- you don't need to make it your default browser
right off the bat. During the install process, it will offer to import
all of your IE favourites, which is a good thing. It will also offer to
become your primary browser *if you like,* but it won't insist on it. You
can decline, as I have done, and then very easily change your mind later
on if you want to. It's not like installing something like RealPlayer,
which wants to immediately take control of everything it can get its hands
on the moment you install it.

I've been happily using Firefox as my secondary browser for several months
now.

Regards,
Ian.

CLV3

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it

and
> am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?

Better. LOL. Actually I use it and am very happy with it. Some people have
switched because of certain security issues. One thing I really like is the
tabbed browser feature.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it and
> am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I've used it for about a year. I would never switch back to Internet
Explorer. However, there are other browsers out there so check them out.
Firefox is the best one though, in my opinion.

--

There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

Please stand by.
http://www.weyounsworld.info/downloads/sounds/ol.mp3

Mark Williams

Two thumbs up. It is faster than IE and the tab feature is great!

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it
> and am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

milo

"Buckaroo Banzai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslACd.6418$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> What does everyone think about this browser? I read an article about it

and
> am considering switching to it... is it as good as they say it is?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I love it for the tabbed browsing, but has any one had there bookmarks
dissapear?

milo
____-