Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AVG anti Virus

AVG anti Virus

twfsa

I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.

Thanks

Tom

HF

I am sure you will find it better than Norton. The latest version kills em
dead.
"twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
> anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

HF

Especially as it is free into the bargain.
"twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
> anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

jerryg50@hotmail.com

AVG is one of the best out there.

I also found that with the top name software's, the opinions are really
based on particular experience. Many of the computers that people are
using are loaded with a lot of different programs. The combinations of
what is going on can be fairly complicated. The net results can also be
complicated.

In my case, I found on my computer, McAfee Virus Scan was the best I
can have. There are others, who would differ with me. I have another
machine that does best with AVG virus scan.

With all of this, I have a friend that swears by the Symantic virus
scanner. He keeps telling me that the ones that I am using are not very
good. Yet, they are all working very well for me.

AVG, has a free working trial version that is excellent. The free
version is limited, but will offer excellent basic protection.
Jerry G.
======

David

Avast free version also works very well.
Updates all the time (and automatically..even has
a voice that tells you it has been updated)
It's all I use on my 2 desktops and 1 laptop.
Dave

The One

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> AVG is one of the best out there.
>
> I also found that with the top name software's, the opinions are really
> based on particular experience. Many of the computers that people are
> using are loaded with a lot of different programs. The combinations of
> what is going on can be fairly complicated. The net results can also be
> complicated.
>
> In my case, I found on my computer, McAfee Virus Scan was the best I
> can have. There are others, who would differ with me. I have another
> machine that does best with AVG virus scan.
>
> With all of this, I have a friend that swears by the Symantic virus
> scanner. He keeps telling me that the ones that I am using are not very
> good. Yet, they are all working very well for me.
>
> AVG, has a free working trial version that is excellent. The free
> version is limited, but will offer excellent basic protection.
> Jerry G.
> ======

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so its **** as a free trial then and its not
free afterall.

James Baber

twfsa wrote:
> I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
> anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Jim's comments:
For what its worth, I've been using the free AVG anti virus
for over 6 months and like it. I also use Spykiller for pop
up avoidance, and to avoid spyware. I use Zone Alarm for a
firewall as well as the hardware firewall in my wireless
router and 4 port switch.

Good luck
--
Jim Baber
Email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

I have used Grisoft.com Free AVG 6.0; Norton AV (1995 edition); and
McAfee over the last few years.
After downloading the update DAT McAfee files my HD was nearly wiped out
upon trying to install them. Wrote to McAfee several times and they couldn't
even have bothered to respond. This process was repeated several times till
I gave up on McAfee.
Grisoft.com AVG 6.0 Free seemed to work very well, I thought at the time
until:.
Using the 1995 edition of Norton AV, with updated virus definition
files, the 1995 edition of Norton caught a bundle of various malware that
the then current (2004) and updated Grisoft.com AVG 6.0 missed completely.

"twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am currently useing Norton Anti Virus, AVG has a free Anti Virus offer ,
> anyone useing the AVG ,comments please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

twfsa