Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows Messaging

Windows Messaging

John

Hello.

I don't want anyone to get confused with the MSN Messenger, the
Instant messaging program, but I am wondering about Windows
Messaging...

Was there a program called "Windows messaging" were you could send a
message to a user on a computer on the same network and a Windows
pop-up box with the message would show up?

This may have been on Windows 3.1 or 95... I can't remember exactly,
but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

Thanks

John

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

John wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I don't want anyone to get confused with the MSN Messenger, the
> Instant messaging program, but I am wondering about Windows
> Messaging...
>
> Was there a program called "Windows messaging" were you could send a
> message to a user on a computer on the same network and a Windows
> pop-up box with the message would show up?
>
> This may have been on Windows 3.1 or 95... I can't remember exactly,
> but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

Install Trillian on each PC and trillian will pick users up using
Rendezvous. Not the same, but works nicely. You can use voice, webcam
and send files.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuėl ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

John wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I don't want anyone to get confused with the MSN Messenger, the
> Instant messaging program, but I am wondering about Windows
> Messaging...
>
> Was there a program called "Windows messaging" were you could send a
> message to a user on a computer on the same network and a Windows
> pop-up box with the message would show up?
>
> This may have been on Windows 3.1 or 95... I can't remember exactly,
> but is there still anything like this, that serves this purpose?

Windows 2000. Yes it is there in 2K and I think XP.

Are you looking at getting rid of it, or do you want a different
software that does the same thing?

What OS is the server (where you'll make the messages), and what OS is
the client computers (the ones who will receive it).?

--

There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

Please stand by.
http://www.weyounsworld.info/downloads/sounds/ol.mp3

Wizard