Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cd drive behaving strangely

cd drive behaving strangely

bj

Hi
I am experiencing the following problem
Yesterday I was trying to copy some CDs.I could play them without any
problems and was able to copy them,however on playback there was no audio.
I then realised that on passing the mouse arrow over the tracks on the disc
each track was supposedly 44 bytes long.Going to Properties gave the
following
Size=44 bytes Size on disc=2.00KB Created 01 January 1995(various
time)
Every audio cd I put in the drive produces the same result
I have Zone Alarm and AVG on the computer
any help would be appreciated
thanks already I'm now going to scan with web software

HF

Their format is obviously cda - what is your problem- put them in a player.
You may not have an audio cable connected or ?
"bj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cr6k6m$c87$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am experiencing the following problem
> Yesterday I was trying to copy some CDs.I could play them without any
> problems and was able to copy them,however on playback there was no audio.
> I then realised that on passing the mouse arrow over the tracks on the

disc
> each track was supposedly 44 bytes long.Going to Properties gave the
> following
> Size=44 bytes Size on disc=2.00KB Created 01 January 1995(various
> time)
> Every audio cd I put in the drive produces the same result
> I have Zone Alarm and AVG on the computer
> any help would be appreciated
> thanks already I'm now going to scan with web software

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

bj wrote:

> Hi
> I am experiencing the following problem
> Yesterday I was trying to copy some CDs.I could play them without any
> problems and was able to copy them,however on playback there was no audio.
> I then realised that on passing the mouse arrow over the tracks on the disc
> each track was supposedly 44 bytes long.Going to Properties gave the
> following
> Size=44 bytes Size on disc=2.00KB Created 01 January 1995(various
> time)
> Every audio cd I put in the drive produces the same result
> I have Zone Alarm and AVG on the computer
> any help would be appreciated
> thanks already I'm now going to scan with web software

put them into a non-computer CD drive and see if it works there. If it
does, then it's a problem with your computer. If they don't, it's a
problem with the burn process. It will narrow the problem down.
--

There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

Please stand by.
http://www.weyounsworld.info/downloads/sounds/ol.mp3