Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Boot Problem

Boot Problem

Gary Sullivan

Hello,

I am having a problem booting an IBM Netvista. The power supply failed, so
I installed a new one. The machine powers up, but will not boot from any
device. I have removed all cards and memory, then booted. I have swapped
hard drives. I can see the BIOS, yet the machine will not try to boot from
a device.

Thanks.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

check the boot sequnce , try to boot from floppy. (if that works then
it's definitely a bad primary ide connector or bad ide cable connecting
your HDD)

It could be that the bad PSU damaged the mobo.
try moving the HDD onto the secondary IDE connector.

Wizard

It is very likely that when the PS failed it took out your motherboard
or some other devices with it.