Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hard drive usage

Hard drive usage

Barnes

Hi All,
Running XP Pro and have 2 hard drives, one for general usage and
the other for backing up photographs.
The drive in question is 30 gig and I decided to delete the backed up
photo's. They were sent to Recycle bin and deleted. The hard drive is still
showing about 2 Gig of usage even though the drive is empty apart from the
download folder.
Disk defragmenter see the files but when I ran "Search for" on the drive and
it comes upwith no hits.
Any ideas as to the problem.
Many Thanks.

Wizard

swap file

Barnes wrote:

> Hi All,
> Running XP Pro and have 2 hard drives, one for general usage and
> the other for backing up photographs.
> The drive in question is 30 gig and I decided to delete the backed up
> photo's. They were sent to Recycle bin and deleted. The hard drive is still
> showing about 2 Gig of usage even though the drive is empty apart from the
> download folder.
> Disk defragmenter see the files but when I ran "Search for" on the drive and
> it comes upwith no hits.
> Any ideas as to the problem.
> Many Thanks.

colin

Barnes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M%QAd.92$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> Running XP Pro and have 2 hard drives, one for general usage and
> the other for backing up photographs.
> The drive in question is 30 gig and I decided to delete the backed up
> photo's. They were sent to Recycle bin and deleted. The hard drive is

still
> showing about 2 Gig of usage even though the drive is empty apart from the
> download folder.
> Disk defragmenter see the files but when I ran "Search for" on the drive

and
> it comes upwith no hits.
> Any ideas as to the problem.
> Many Thanks.

If you`re sure that there`s nothing on the drive that you want (hidden, or
otherwise), just format it.

The One

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> swap file
>
> Barnes wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> Running XP Pro and have 2 hard drives, one for general usage
>> and
>> the other for backing up photographs.
>> The drive in question is 30 gig and I decided to delete the backed up
>> photo's. They were sent to Recycle bin and deleted. The hard drive is
>> still
>> showing about 2 Gig of usage even though the drive is empty apart from
>> the
>> download folder.
>> Disk defragmenter see the files but when I ran "Search for" on the drive
>> and
>> it comes upwith no hits.
>> Any ideas as to the problem.
>> Many Thanks.

Format the drive, that will get rid of all the porn.