Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to remove items

How to remove items

Zoli

How do I remove Startup Items which I never use or deleted programs from
the System Configuration Utility? My OS is Wind.XP Pro.
Thanks

Chuck

Go to start/run/ type in msconfig /press enter
go to the startup tab and uncheck the items you do not want to run on
startup

"Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TniAd.13394$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I remove Startup Items which I never use or deleted programs from
> the System Configuration Utility? My OS is Wind.XP Pro.
> Thanks

Jimmy

Chuck wrote:

> Go to start/run/ type in msconfig /press enter
> go to the startup tab and uncheck the items you do not want to run on
> startup

Do you have to disable system restore? When I try this as admin it asks
for a restart and the items are still checked.