Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > wifi connection not working

wifi connection not working

therebel

had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get wifi
internet connection. I have given up with the repair company after 5 months
trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what basic settings
do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out the signals? ps as
you can tell I don't know much about wifi.

Duane Arnold

"therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:_sHzd.155$(E-Mail Removed):

> had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get wifi
> internet connection. I have given up with the repair company after 5
> months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what
> basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out
> the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much about wifi.

You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are levaing
the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the wireless card?

http://tinyurl.com/589nh

Duane

therebel

> "therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:_sHzd.155$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get wifi
> > internet connection. I have given up with the repair company after 5
> > months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what
> > basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out
> > the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much about wifi.
> >

> You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are levaing
> the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the wireless

card?

> http://tinyurl.com/589nh
>
> Duane sorry, meant to reply to group. how do I find out what ip the

machine is getting?

Duane Arnold

"therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:9JHzd.469$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:_sHzd.155$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get
>> > wifi internet connection. I have given up with the repair company
>> > after 5 months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with
>> > modem, what basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop
>> > is sending out the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much
>> > about wifi.
>> >

>> You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are
>> levaing the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the
>> wireless

> card?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/589nh
>>
>> Duane sorry, meant to reply to group. how do I find out what ip
>> the

> machine is getting?

You can go to the Command Prompt by entering CMD in the Start Button/Run
Box and press the Enter-key. That will take you to the DOS Command line
where you type IPconfig /all and it will tell you the IP the machine's NIC
is using and other stuff like the MAC on the NIC.

Duane