Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > .exe program wont run

.exe program wont run

Anthony Peter

I am trying to run a program, but all that happens is that I get a dos sytle
black screen flash up for a few seconds, I am using Norton anti
virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as protection
or have I got a dodgy file ?

Tony

HF

It is probably a Dos program.What is it ?
"Anthony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nm_yd.486$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to run a program, but all that happens is that I get a dos

sytle
> black screen flash up for a few seconds, I am using Norton anti
> virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as

protection
> or have I got a dodgy file ?
>
> Tony

Ross Durie

Dodgy brain more like.

Go Start/Run/type "cmd" (don't type quotes), press ENTER. Run the program
from the shell prompt.

--
Ross
"Anthony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nm_yd.486$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to run a program, but all that happens is that I get a dos
>sytle black screen flash up for a few seconds, I am using Norton anti
>virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as protection
>or have I got a dodgy file ?
>
> Tony

WebWalker

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:46:27 GMT, "Anthony Peter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am trying to run a program, but all that happens is that I get a dos sytle
>black screen flash up for a few seconds, I am using Norton anti
>virus/network security on XP, is something stoping it working as protection
>or have I got a dodgy file ?

As others have suggested, it might be a dos program.
Try to use Command Prompt to run the file, you will see what the
program's message.

--
WebWalker