Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Adding Hard Drive

Adding Hard Drive

Chuck

I have a 20 gb hard drive from another computer. I would like to reformat
to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.

Can someone help me with the proper way to do this.

Thanks,

HF

Head for the drive mfrs website and look thru the FAQ and/or also download
their drive instal software.You can also simply instal as slave(you may have
to alter boot drive settings as well) and do all you want.Look at
www.computerhope.com too

==----------
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

=-----

Trent©

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:20:30 -0500, "Chuck" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a 20 gb hard drive from another computer. I would like to reformat
>to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.
>
>Can someone help me with the proper way to do this.
>
>Thanks,

1. Install it into the computer.

2. Set it up for NTFS.

Have a nice one...

Trent©

The Continental Op

>I have a 20 gb hard drive from another computer. I would like to reformat
>to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.

Assuming you using XP, just hook the drive up as a 2nd drive and do it from
within windows, using Disc Management.

Start/ Control Panel/ Performance Maintenance/ Admin Tools/ Computer
Management.
OR just type "compmgmt.msc" in the Run box
Click on 'Disk Management' in the left pane then in the right pane right
click the drive you wish to format and chose format from the list. (note
this will NOT work for the C: Drive, obviously!)

HTH

TCO