Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > TWEAK UI question

TWEAK UI question

JJ

I installed Tweak on my new computer running XP Home and can't get it to
perform the same as the old one running Pro did.

I'm trying to bypass the log-in procedure and it reacts as follows:

From a start-up, all is well and I'm ready to go without logging in.

From hibernate; I have to click on my name in order to move on. No password
needed but click required.

From stand-by; it wants the administrator password in order to proceed, I
never gave it a password and have to go back and re-boot in order to get on.

I'm fairly sure the settings on Tweak are the same as the old computer, but
won't swear to it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thor

check your power management settings in the control panel and diable the
password prompt on resume from standby. Should take care of the problem.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:epFxd.3167$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>I installed Tweak on my new computer running XP Home and can't get it to
>perform the same as the old one running Pro did.
>
> I'm trying to bypass the log-in procedure and it reacts as follows:
>
> From a start-up, all is well and I'm ready to go without logging in.
>
> From hibernate; I have to click on my name in order to move on. No
> password needed but click required.
>
> From stand-by; it wants the administrator password in order to proceed, I
> never gave it a password and have to go back and re-boot in order to get
> on.
>
> I'm fairly sure the settings on Tweak are the same as the old computer,
> but won't swear to it. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

JJ

Thank you Thor, you have a wealth of info.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...