Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Video Card Second Choice

Video Card Second Choice

mcp6453

If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

NightSky 421

"mcp6453" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
> second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

Being loyal to ATI right now, I'd say the 9600XT or 9600 Pro.

The One

"NightSky 421" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "mcp6453" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
>> second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

> Being loyal to ATI right now.........

Why!?

NightSky 421

"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why!?

Just my solid experience in owning their video cards again for the last
couple of years. In my experience, problems have been few and far between.
Driver support has been great as well.

Jerry G.

The Truth About Anything:

There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at this
point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
be around the same. There are no free deals.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"mcp6453" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

The One

"NightSky 421" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why!?

> Just my solid experience in owning their video cards again for the last
> couple of years. In my experience, problems have been few and far
> between. Driver support has been great as well.

Good answer, I've been looking at buying a new FX card but not sure whether
to go for NVIDIA or ATI, NVIDIA stands out best for me.

NightSky 421

"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41c1db91$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Good answer, I've been looking at buying a new FX card but not sure
> whether to go for NVIDIA or ATI, NVIDIA stands out best for me.

The two companies are highly competitive with each other right now, and that
makes us as consumers the winners!

Beachcomber

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:52:27 -0500, "Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The Truth About Anything:
>
>There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
>manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at this
>point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
>be around the same. There are no free deals.
>
>--

I'm not a gamer, but I do edit and record video to DVD. What would be
the best card to do broadcast quality NTSC video in and out?

All suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Beachcomber

The One

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Truth About Anything:......................................... ......
> Thats a lie
>
> There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
> manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at
> this
> point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
> be around the same. There are no free deals.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G. Mutters
> =====

There are my hopes dashed of getting a free graphics card, whats tasteful I
want my graphics card to be bright red with pretty pictures on the side.
never mind what it can do i just want prettyness