Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > LASER PRINTER

LASER PRINTER

Peace-Angel

How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say how
much.
What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.

Paulo

JD

Peace-Angel wrote:
> How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
> I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say how
> much.
> What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.
>
> Paulo

That all depends on how big the toner cartridge is .. for a page of text
roughly 5% of the page Will be toner.. you buy your cartradges in net
yields for instance my Toner cartrage for my Brother HL1260e is a 9000
page at 5% yield so I should get bout 9000 prints from it

The One

"Peace-Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hvvvd.72131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
> I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say
> how much.
> What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.
>
> Paulo

Loads and loads but new toner is expensive I think.

Jerry G.

With a 15% density print which is the average of a page that is filled of
text, the HP printer that I have (LaserJet 1100), should give about 2500
pages on a full toner cartridge. Since I am printing mostly small letters,
invoices, and quotations with it, I worked it out to be about 3500 to 4000
pages.

The replacement cartridge costs us about $60. This would work out to about
$0.02 per page for the toner, and $0.01 per page for the paper. In total,
without considering the depreciation of the printer over a 3 year write-off
period, this works to about $0.03 per page. If you consider the purchase
cost of the printer, this works to about $0.08 per page in consideration of
the volume of printing we do in a 3 year period.

When we were using a dot matrix printer, it actually worked out to about the
same thing. The use of an inkjet printer for what we do is out of the
question!

We have a very good inkjet printer for our photo printing when we need a
high quality colour print in a hurry. If we are not in a rush, we send a CD
disk with our colour jobs over to a local photo print service. We get it
done by them for about 1/4 the cost it would be for us to do it ourselves,
and their quality level is excellent.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Peace-Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hvvvd.72131$(E-Mail Removed)...
How many prints can a Toner on a laser printer give?
I'm thinking about buying a cheap b/w one from HP. Though it doesn't say how
much.
What's the general maximum with the purpose being just letters.

Paulo

Plato

Jerry G. wrote:

In the long run it's true that the extra initial expense of a laser
printer turns out to be cheaper if you do lots of printing. Somehow I
lucked out tho when I got my Cannon S200 inkjet for $39 at the local
supermarket. Black ink carts are six bucks ie the lowest cost in the ink
isle and last me about 4 months. I only do about 4 pages/day and the
kids use it a few times/week for homework.

Jerry G.

In the end, with a $39 printer and $6 for cartridges, you really got a good
deal, if it is good for what you want. How is the quality for colour
pictures?

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:41bf25ed$1$90473$(E-Mail Removed)...

Jerry G. wrote:

> In the end, with a $39 printer and $6 for cartridges, you really got a good
> deal, if it is good for what you want. How is the quality for colour
> pictures?

I know they dont make them anymore and as far as color goes it's OK for
kids homework but I've never tested a real picture taken from a digital
camera with it.